In My Makeup Bag




1) Bella Bamba Blush - truly the best blush I've ever used, and it looks great on any skin tone. My second recommendation for blush is Chanel #55 In Love.
2) OPI bubble bath, kiss me on my tulips - OPI is a classic! You can't beat their playful nail polish names like My Chihuahua bites or Not So Bora Bora-ing Pink. A second runner up for nail polish is Essie. They aren't too far behind!
3) Nars Jungle Red Lipstick - because every girl needs a fierce red tube of confidence. Rule of thumb: when wearing red lipstick, keep your eyes nude. When wearing nude lipstick, play your eyes up with a smokey eye...but never do both at once. You'll look like a clown!
4) Bobbi Brown foundation in natural tan. I love this foundation, but I wouldn't mind something a little less oily. Any recommendations?
5) Tarina Tarantino mascara - Ok. I admit. I bought the product for the tube, but it turns out that I just happen to love the mascara! Damn you, Tarina! You know how to win me over every time!
Not shown - Stila liquid eyeliner and Bobbi Brown Velvet Plum eye palette.

What makeup do you wear? I'd love to know!


18 comments:

  1. Wow, you're so creative! I can't believe you drew that makeup collage. ohhhh I love red lipstick... I bet Nars has the best quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me with your illustrations!

    That's my current blush and I LOVE it. Looooove.

    Have you tried Makeup Forever foundation? My skin has a tendency to get oily as the day goes on, but not with this. Totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the Tarina Tarantino mascara, but now I'm curious! I love my NARS lipsticks! (ok... I only have two, but I love them both!) I'm also really loving the revlon lip butters right now. I love the artistic touch to this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blush sounds incredible, my current favorite is a salmon color from Estee Lauder. In love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started painting my nails (I've done it less than 10 times, I think, in my almost 25 years). Can you buy those OPI polishes at stores like Target?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your makeup products! I've always used Nars blush but I haven't tried their lipsticks before. I'll also have to try your foundation because I haven't been happy with mine and I'm looking for a change. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so right about a red lip the rest of the face has to be neutral don't go all crazy or you will look a lot of weird looks like that girl is wearing too much make-up because with male-up too much is not a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! :) Bubble Bath is a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE The illustrations! I envy your talent. I am in the market for some good powder... I must try that lipstick!! Love your blog! Now following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOUR ILLUSTRATION IS SO CUTE!!!!!! i love it. nars is definitely a favorite brand and im also on the prowl for a non oily foundation... let me know if you find any good ones and ill do the same! ive heard laura mercier is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post and the cute makeup drawings. I love the Nars red lipstick, I agree, a girl should always have a great red lipstick. Regardless of my lipstick, I always line my eyes with a liquid eyeliner and do a cat eye. I literally have like 20 liquid liners in my makeup collection. Not sure why, but liquid liner always make me feel more glamorous, even if I'm wearing sweats at home :)

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you make that little graphic?! I LOVE it! So fun...and I've tried red lipstick and I just don't think I can do it. Boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ahhhhh OPI bubble bath. jealous. i searched ulta's OPI section for a good 30 minutes for that shade and they didn't seem to have it, and they acted like they weren't getting it anytime soon. its one of my favorites too, guess I'll be picking a new one

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have heard NARS lip products are amazing, I must try them. your illustrations are too cute for words.. I love the little OPI nail bottles!
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love OPI! For a while I was an Essie fan, but I've switched to team OPI... Great list of essentials! I'll have to try that blush.

    What do you use to draw your pictures? It it on the computer or do you do a marker drawing an scan it? Either way, looks great!

    xx Ani
    catchtwentyone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Giiirl your graphics are killer! TOO cute, dying over them! Really talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seriously? That photo is so cute!
    I need to check out NARS lip products. I've heard such good things about them....I'm just a chapstick girl.

    ReplyDelete

This blog wouldn't be near as meaningful if I didn't know a little about you. Comment below! I visit all of my commenter's pages.