![]() |
| A vintage top I found at a thrift store. Perfect for sparkly hair! |
| End result - I combed through it and my hair looked like tinsel! |
Rules of thumb:
- Don't use coarse glitter. Use thin/fine glitter. It blends into the hair better!
- Be prepared to make a mess - glitter sink, glitter floor, glitter SLR!
- Practice makes perfect. We tried several different ways to see how the glitter would hold and it still didn't turn out exactly how I wanted. I've learned, so next time I know what to do differently - spray the hairspray from the bottom up (hold the tip of your pony tail and spray the hair spray UP the ponytail.) Also, I would have used spray that already had glitter in it, like star gazer glitter hair spray.
- Play it up: change colors, french braid your hair and add glitter - the sky's the limit!






this is such a wonderful idea, i have never seen it before! oh, how i wish i would have saw this before new year's eve!
ReplyDeletelindsey louise
hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com
Okay, you are officially more amazing than I thought ;)
ReplyDeleteI would never have thought about 'joujing' my hair up like that! Cute!
ReplyDeleteThis is so much fun, and just the something extra that some nights/occasions call for. And I'm insanely jealous of your thrifting skills, I've never found anything that amazing!
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool!
ReplyDeletelove it! So fun for a night out with the girls!
ReplyDeletewhoa, that's amazing! love this idea!! so much sparkle :) thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute and fun! I'm not sure I'd be prepared for the mess though... lol!
ReplyDeleteYou had me at glitter!
ReplyDeleteI think I'm way too old for this, especially with white hair, but I love it!
I'd do it outdoors because I don't like the mess. ;)
So festive! I love it!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I love it.
ReplyDeleteAnd your photos.... I need whatever camera you have.
This is awesome! And I can't believe you found that shirt at the thrift store!
ReplyDeleteHow cool! This is so fun! Perfect with a sequin top :)
ReplyDeletewhat a fun and glam idea!!! WOW! :D
ReplyDeleteClick me for my NEW BLOG
oh wow what a cool idea!! how fun for a party. how long did it take you to get the glitter out of your hair by the way?
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute! Definitely trying it next time I have a party! :)
ReplyDelete