And, it might be the girl in me, but how do you look at land? It's not like looking at a house. It's just a bunch of trees...and shrubs...and weeds. That's it. Kinda hard to use my imagination and picture trees that won't be here, and a house that will be there.
Plus, I came into contact with some spiders and a salamander (that i swear was a snake) while browsing through 18 acres the other day with Tyler. Ick. I'd rather view both from afar.
Not to mention that I find there to be power in numbers. If we're all alone in the woods and there was an emergency, who would be there to help? Whereas, a neighbor would be quick to act.
(Pics taken with iPhone)
Are you a land person? Or do you like being around people?

I'm a neighbor person. I think I would feel too isolated with that much land.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally a land person...with a few neighbors sprinkled around. I grew up in upstate CT, so I'm used to have a bit of land to roam on. I love it that way!
ReplyDeleteAlyssa
The Glossy Life
I used to think that I could only be a "city girl", but the older I get the more I want to have our own land and privacy. I think that cities are only going to get more and more crowded, and I don't think I will find peace in that. I love your boots!
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely a land (or at least a small town kind of girl) which is weird cuz' i've lived in BIG cities my whole life!
ReplyDeleteAnd you girl, have the cutest blog ever :)
Haha sounds like you might have a little re-considering to do :) Its a dream for me to live in the middle of the woods too, but I've realized it might not be as realistic as I'm hoping it to be.
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting activity! I get torn between the land or neighbors sitch, and I often come to the conclusion that I want land, and a good bit of it, but if I have to drive more than 30 mins to get to civilization (like a bigger town, not neighbors) it's a no go. I grew up in a place with jack shit to do so I don't want to do that again, but I like the privacy and the space to do whatever we want on :) Good luck with the land hunting!
ReplyDeletehow fun! i agree though, i would be the worst at looking at land. how do you cover 18 acres and decide if you love it? that's so much space! good luck on the hunt, i'm sure you'll find the perfect spot!
ReplyDeletelove this. love you. your blog is seriously the cutest.
ReplyDeleteKaylyn. Stop it. Can we please live near each other?
ReplyDeleteMy husband and I talk about buying a farm on acreage, maybe in Montana, to live off the land and be (almost) self sustaining.
I am and have always been a city girl, but I so want a slower pace of life. Being able to enjoy my family and the time together instead of rushing all over the place.
We have been looking at land too, I have my "dream home" all drawn out. But alas. Land is way too expensive here in WA.
I see a farm with acreage in my distant future.
I always thought I was a neighbor person, but lately I've been visiting some of A's parent's friend's houses (whew!) that are on a bit of land and I fall in love each time. I fall out of love when they tell me how much they pay each month for someone to mow their yard...but that's what you have sons for, right? There's lots of tiny little towns around Lafayette that have huge land plots while still being close enough to Lafayette in case of any emergencies. I don't see us buying land and building for our first house, but I'm definitely starting to envision doing that for our second.
ReplyDeleteI totally understand! I go from wanting to be in New York City to living on land in Colorado or Wyoming. Different sides of us pull us so many different ways. It's so beautiful that we can CHOOSE!
ReplyDeleteVictoria
atomosapricot.blogspot.com
I feel pretty mixed. I think that a smaller propriety (3-5 acres) would be perfect for me
ReplyDeleteHi there!!! I am your newest follower from the blog hop!!! I'm Hanna and I am a bubbly, somewhat crazy mom and nurse. I am your newest follower:) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! I would love for you yo stop by anytime at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
ReplyDeletexooxxo Hanna
your gorgoeus by the way:)
I want the best of both worlds...a little land and then some neighbors too. Haha. We have neighbors, but a park with land within walking distance. I'll settle for that! PS You are adorable!
ReplyDeleteThis forest looks whimsical! just gorgeous.
ReplyDeletexxx
Giveaway on Lady à la Mode
I'd be happy with 3-5 acres, anymore than that sounds like a lot to take care of! Right now we only have half an acre with rude neighbors and loud dogs. I'd love to move away somewhere for peace and quiet :)
ReplyDeletePretty forrest. The nice huge yard sounds fun. I grew up on several acres. The only bad part was trick-or-treating. It took forever to walk to our neighbors. We eventually starting going to friend's neighborhoods instead.
ReplyDeletei think there are benefits to both! i say living on a lot of land but near a populated city... then you get the best of both worlds :)
ReplyDeleteFirst off I'm so glad you stopped by, you are so adorable and am a new follower as well! My hubs has always wanted land (acreage) to build on because he's not from California and always grew up in different houses his dad helped build. These pics are so great! Makes me want tho drive away from the city for a bit.
ReplyDeleteI like a good combination, but I LOVE land and being "away from it all". mmmmm. If I could live in the middle of the mountains, i would. :) I can't wait to see what you guys decide!!
ReplyDeleteI am loooooooooooooving your blog!!!
Ooooh, how fun to be able to find your own little piece of land :) We have an acre & live about 30 miles from town, but it's not just us out here. We live in a tiny tiny community with maybe 30 houses or so. It's really nice to be away from it all but I am a total social bug, so sometimes I get bummed not seeing my friends as often, but you just get used to it. Well, good luck to you guys, I am sure you will pick the most perfect spot :))
ReplyDeletePS: I also loved your post on "stripes & plaid", you looked gorgeous!
xoxo,
Shio
So beautiful girl :)
ReplyDeleteNew post on :
Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com
Coline.
Hey love...just wanted to let you know I tried replying to your sweet blog comments but can't. You're a "no-reply" blogger, which is NOT good if you want other bloggers to be able to respond to your comments & interact with you! You need to change it in your blogger settings :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so weird! I had another girl tell me the same thing a couple of days ago. She sent me a link, I followed the directions and I thought I changed it! :(
Delete