A Day in the Office: My Job

Anyone that knows me well knows that my hobbies consist of photography, videography and social media. I eat. it. up. 

My Christmas list isn't composed of clothes and jewelry. I want camera filters, lenses, glidecams and sliders. I am a NERD.

I especially love GIF's, Photoshop, cinemagraphs, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and I recently got the entire Adobe Master Suite. Oh. my. word. It's amazing freaking amazing.

So when I graduated college, I had a particular job in mind - a job that contained all of those key traits. 

Tyler can quote me saying, "I want a job where I can sit in my pajamas, work from home and blog all day."

Ba-da-bing-ba-da-boom. That's what I do. 

After many prayers and probably the roughest, most lost 3 weeks of my life, I finally found my job with Frameblender Films. The Lord is good.

So, a lot of you are wondering what I do. It's pretty simple - I take raw footage that my boss, Christian, films at weddings, and I compile the clips to music and make the footage into a story. Here's what a normal day at the "office" looks like: 


Above: I have 7 video tracks and 7 audio tracks. Each track stands for something different, for example: track 1 is just clips of the bride and groom, track 2 is just clips of guests/people, etc. 

The first two minutes of the video is usually a preview of the whole wedding, and the next 10-15 minutes is telling the viewers what happened on that day (in a creative way).

All of Frameblender Films footage is non-linear. That means the events are portrayed out of chronological order. One minute we might be showing the father/daughter talking before the ceremony, and the next minute, they're on the dance floor dancing to their father/daughter dance.

And, of course, I have to take into account everything I learned as a broadcast journalism major: shot techniques, jump cuts, flash frames, etc. Many people say college is beginning to be pointless, but without college, I wouldn't know where to begin with my job. 

My boss, Christian, used to work and live in LA for 5 years where he learned all of this stuff. I'd say I'm a pretty lucky gal to be taught everything he knows.

Here is the final product of a hard days work (created by Christian Harrison):