I guess you can call me a late bloomer. I never went through sassy teenage years until I started planning a wedding with my parents at 22; my face was flawless throughout high school and, today, I look like i've been hit with the chicken pox plague; when everyone was getting their braces off, I still had mine on; I had my first kiss when I was 15 after all of my friends had many first kisses; and I'm still waiting for my boobs to come in - yes, I wear an A - but i've finally convinced myself that being flat chested isn't such a bad thing. It is rare when I have to wear a bra (sorry for the deets).
So I guess you could say I wasn't surprised when my dermatologist told me that my face breaking out at 22 was "out of the norm". "Most people your age had this problem in their teenage years," he says.
Ugh.
Why must everyone remind me that I'm late on everything!?
To sum it up, Dr. Burrow prescribed me to an antibiotic and face cream that I am leaving to pick up as we speak (praise Jesus!). Does anyone have any tips for me on makeup that is good to use for sensitive skin? I think my Bobbi Brown foundation is too oily?
Any tips would be swell!
Xoxo,

Hey girl! Omg, same problem here. Lately I've been battling some pretty random and bad breakouts which never happened in high school. Almay has a line specifically designed for blemish prone and has ingredients to fight and heal them. http://www.store.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod4040035 Here's a link to their liquid makeup, I use their powder and it has worked wonderfully for me! Hope this helps!! <3
ReplyDeleteI started using clinque makeup when my skin was getting wonky before the wedding. It had ingredients to heal and hide. :)
ReplyDeleteYou poor thing. I use Bare Minerals and LOVE IT! My friend works for the company and swears by it. Good luck friend!
ReplyDeleteOh goodness! Bare Minerals has worked very well for me over the last few years, it's powder based though so it may not last as long as liquid foundation. Their little tagline is "makeup so pure you can sleep in it" which may be good for you to try! Hope it helps :)
ReplyDeleteI use Bare Minerals too and love it. There are so many benefits to using all-natural, mineral makeup.
ReplyDeleteHormones are the #1 reason for acne in your twenties, along with stress. Going on/off or switching birth control pills or any medicine that might possibly affect your hormones can be your problem (or solution!)
ReplyDeleteUgh, I feel you on this. I use (prescribed) acne meds religiously and I am 26. I have had good luck with MAC makeup, but Clinique is excellent for sensitive skin too. It all depends on your personal skin though, and sadly trial and error. The one thing I will say is that while using acne meds these two products saved (and continue to save) my life:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/skin-care/skin-care-best-sellers/aloe-soothing-day-cream.aspx
{The entire aloe for sensitive skin line is great}
http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/skin-care/facial-masks/honey-oat-3-in-1-scrub-mask.aspx
If you are interested- definitely sign up for coupons, they send out some great ones.
<3
I'm a little biased since I work for Clinique, but I have helped a lot of people find a foundation that experience both sensitivity and break outs, and I have had many happy customers! Like Ashely R said, a lot of it is simply trial and error, but most makeup consultants would be happy to make you a sample to try for a week!
ReplyDeleteI turned 25 and my face was a nightmare! Still is...damn hormonal acne! Don't use any harsh zit zapping cream- doesn't work on hormonal acne like it does on teenage acne!
ReplyDelete