I FINALLY get to tell you guys about why I haven't posted in what feels like FOREVER...I started my own business!
It all began when I was applying for jobs this past fall. I felt like I applied EVERYWHERE - law firms, chamber of commerces, the list goes on and on. The most difficult part for me was being judged by interviewers that didn't even know me. They didn't know what I could offer, how trustworthy and genuine I am or even WHO I am, not to mention the 5+ years of experience that every job required. Who are these people and how can they tell me I'm not meant for a job?
So, you know how the saying goes - your dream job does not exist. You must create it. And so I did. And it has been the most stressful, nerve-wracking, exhilarating, humbling experience of my life. I have to say that I owe every minute of this all to God. He without a doubt has led me here, and I feel like I'm on his path! There's no better feeling!
I do have to say that when you own a business, you work harder than you would working for someone else. Of course, this might seem like common sense, but you find out that you can't "sleep in" like you thought you could; you can't go on vacation whenever you'd like; you can't create your own hours. I've worked harder now than I ever have in my entire life! I stay up til 10 PM on Photoshop editing Facebook timeline banners for businesses; i'm constantly emailing clients; i'm running to the bank and coffee is officially my new best friend. It's hard work.
So...what is this new venture, you ask? Drum roll please....I am a social media manager at Little Miss Social! I manage local businesses Facebooks, blogs, websites, Twitters, and so on. I love every minute of it. I brought my best friend and business partner on board who graduated with a marketing degree, and she totally keeps my head level.
With that being said, this is why I haven't updated in a while. I feel awful about it because I love and appreciate all of you so much! I tried to find the time, but was so exhausted and consumed by work that I couldn't get around to it. I hope you all understand. I might be dropping in here and there, but I won't be able to update every day like I used to (sad face.)
Other than business, Tyler and I have been looking at houses lately. It's been so much fun! I want to bring you guys along the ride, so when we narrow down our picks, you can check them out. The wedding is 8 months away. Seems like forever but it has flown by! :)
Ok. So how is everyone? Any news for me?


Congrats on the job! That's so exciting. Your blog layout is one of the best I've ever seen, and the businesses you work with are lucky to have such a talented designer to work with!
ReplyDeleteoh gosh, congrats! it must feel wonderful and exciting to go into business for yourself! and guess what?! my boyfriend is a social media manager too! he doesn't run his own business though, he works for two companies and runs both of their online websites, along with social media sites.
ReplyDeletegood luck to you with this! i do not honestly have tips for this trade, but i do know that my boyfriend seems to spend most of his time on twitter for his companies! let us know how this goes for you throughout time!
lindsey louise
hellomrrabbitblog.com
Congratulations! It's wonderful that you could find a satisfying job. I hope everything goes well for you. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! Such a big step, I am so inspired by your work ethic and creativity! Not to mention your logo is adorable :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting! Way to seek after what you want!!! Best of luck to you and God bless in EVERYTHING.
ReplyDeletewow, congrats lady! that is amazing...so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteYah for new jobs! I just got one too :)
ReplyDeleteGo team awesome, amiright?
OMG! Shut up! SOOO excited for you!!! I'm checking out your biz page now... look at you! Miss business owner. How awesome?!?! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is SO exciting! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd you're a sooo right about the dream job thing!
Xo
J.
http://cansouplover.com
THIS....is so exciting...If i could have a dream job right now i think it would be something like what you're doing!! When you're big and famous...Emily would like a job ;) haha good luck lady!!!
ReplyDelete-Emily @ hopefulwandering.blogspot.com
How exciting! Applying for jobs is SO stressful and demoralising. I finish Uni in a couple of months and the amount of applications I've already filled in is absolutely crazy. I've always had a desire to work for myself so I might end up following a similar path to you!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds most awesome. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing!!! You will be so awesome at this! Checking out your page now. Yay! Congrats girl.
ReplyDeleteGood for you girl!! That is so awesome, becoming your own boss is the most amazing experience and you will do great! And good luck on your house hunting!! Danny and I just recently bought and are anxiously awaiting our move in date! Yay for change! :)
ReplyDeleteThats awesome !! Good for you girl!! I recently opened up an etsy shop - kinda feels like starting my own business to! haha
ReplyDeletexoxo
alyciamealy.blogspot.com
That is awesome! I would love to have my own business someday. Social media is so fun, and you have the graphic skills to take it to the next level!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! What an awesome adventure. I would love to have my own business someday or just, you know, get paid to write and travel. Is that a job? I hope so.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for you!
jorie
WOW, this is amazing Kaylyn!! I am super happy for you and your accomplishment!! You def had a dream and made it happen! I am starting to realize my shop isn't gonna build itself also and that I have to do all the hard work! But it sounds like all your hard work is paying off! And how exciting it's 8 months away!! YAY!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your week!!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Shio
congratulations, that is absolutely incredible!!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats! this is so great! i think it sounds like an awesome job, I actually have a friend who does something very similar in south louisiana and it is working out great for her so far. definitely a smart move with technology these days :)
ReplyDeleteYayyyy! Congrats, that is seriously so exciting!!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome!! Congratulations on stepping out in faith and starting your own business! I'm always inspired by people who chase their dreams and put in hard work and sweat to achieve their goals.
ReplyDeleteMay it all turn out beautifully and better than you ever hoped!
Much love to you!
Just now seeing this - how amazing!! I wish I had the guts to just GO for it.
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting! Good for you :) judging by how awesome your blog and post designs are you're totally going to rock it. If you ever need any graphic designers for projects let me know! I'm a freelancer and love taking on little jobs on the side of my full time job!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! xx