#BestDayEver


I have to explain the title of this post before I proceed to talk about why yesterday was the best day ever.  Tyler and I have an inside joke that, whenever we have an awesome day where everything goes right, we always say out loud to each other, "hash tag best day ever!" I really can't tell you where we came up with the phrase, but I have a feeling it's here to stay.

On Wednesday night, my fiance gave me a black safety box, combination lock and all, and said I couldn't open the safe until Valentine's Day. Of course, the moment he left, I ruthlessly shook the box around to try and figure out what it contained inside. Seeing how that feat was impossible, I got some shut eye and text him immediately when I woke up. Little did I know that I was about to be sent on a Valentine's Day scavenger hunt. It was the funnest.thing.ever.

Not to mention, my daddy woke me up with a bouquet of candy. Um, he knows me so well!? I love my dad.



Take a look and see how the day panned out!


The combination lock was 143 - i love you!



A sweet love letter saying how excited he was that it was my last Valentine's Day as Kaylyn Orr!
Ps. Daisy is my bug name!
My first hunt! He tells me the address of the place I should drive to, and I type it in Google Maps and end up here.

Let me tell you, it's not easy trying to find a place when you don't know where you're going. But I had a grin on my face the whole time doing it!



The employees in the store said, "You're the girl who's on the scavenger hunt? You have a keeper on your hands! He was so excited to do this for you!"











Another clue. We are about to eat lunch!
My most FAVORITE restaurant - Another Broken Egg. I love breakfast! It was an awesome surprise.
My beautiful flowers!


A day I didn't want to end . I truly felt like a queen. He put so much thought into it and I really can't believe someone loves me that much to do something like this! Tyler and I decided we would make scavenger hunts a Valentine's tradition. Next year we both get to plan one for each other. 

How was your V-day?

26 comments:

  1. STOP IT!!!!

    You two are seriously the cutest thing in the entire world!!!!

    I DIE!!!!

    Oh young love. I feel so old and pregnant:) Probably becasue I am :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
    You def have a keeper!!!!

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea...very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahhhhh does tyler have a brother? SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um... SERIOUSLY?? What a sweetheart! I love this idea. I love that the florist ladies were in on the hunt too. Happy love day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh i have always wanted to do a "holiday hunt" like this!!!!!!! cutest thing ever. i am so jealous and happy you had such a wonderful day!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is BEYOND cute!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!! He is definitely a keeper! The sweetest idea!! Glad you had the best day ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the sweetest thing ever...the florist people were right–he's a keeper!

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is the sweetest thing ever! you are one lucky girl. I'm totally dropping a hint for Andre' to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet idea! Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally love "hash tag best day ever"! Super cute :) Looks like an adventurous valentines scavenger hunt! I agree with the flower shop lady - he's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omgoodness, you have such a sweet fellow! he's so creative to have planned the scavenger hunt! cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree, you DID have the #bestdayever :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree, you DID have the #bestdayever :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet and perfect. What a great day and a sweet guy you've got!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow so sweet!!!! he definitely sounds like a keeper to me. i love scavenger hunts!!

    www.fivefootseven.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Um..this is the cutest thing ever. What a sweet guy you have! He went through so much planning - too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. how fun is this!!?

    what a sweet little surprise! he put so much thought into making you feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wooooooow!!!! This is just fantaaaaastic!!!!
    My husband doesn't even consider Valentine's day a holiday =)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww how cute. the flowers are beautiful and the food looks awesome :)

    xo Daisy

    The Mandarine Girl

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is so adorable, and well planned out. He IS a keeper.

    Where is your red dress from??

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word! That is the cutest thing ever! You lucky girl. Looks like he treats you like royalty...as it should be! Haha. :)

    I just found your blog and I'm excited to continue reading it! It's beautiful!

    Feel free to come visit me at my blog anytime!

    -Becca

    http://beccakatherine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is the cutest thing! You definitely have a keeper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Kaylynn, this is the cutest thing!! I love scavenger hunts! I am glad that you were able to be spoiled with love from your hubby! Isn't LOVE an amazing thing!

    PS: It's been too long since I have visited, nice to see your lovely face again!

    xoxo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is ABSOLUTELY precious! What a fun and creative guy you've got! And you ma'am... look STUNNING in red!

    ReplyDelete

This blog wouldn't be near as meaningful if I didn't know a little about you. Comment below! I visit all of my commenter's pages.