We're engaged: We found the gown!

After shopping at Mistletoe Marketplace on Thursday, mom suggested we check out some wedding gowns. We headed over to The Bridal Path to browse their selection of wedding dresses. We weren't expecting to find "the dress". We weren't even going to try any on!

We began to pull dresses from the rack. 

"That's pretty." 

"Look at this one."

"I like the lace." 

"Love the neckline."

Pretty dresses that would be sure to win over that certain southern gal's heart. 

We thought this was how dress shopping was supposed to be - judging dresses from a hanger, wondering if they would look prettier on a body.

And somewhere, nestled deep in the rack, mom pulled out a beauty. 

No.one.said.a.word.

There were gasps, yes. 

But no.one.said.a.word.

And then my grandmother suggested that be the first dress I try on.

I saved it for last. 

And boy, oh boy. When people quote "third times the charm", they aren't lying!

This was my dress! The lace, the embroidery, the straps, the train. The gown was not white. It looked like it had been pulled from a trunk, sitting in an ancestors attic, collecting dust, waiting to be found.

And we found it.

I wish I had more pictures, but we weren't allowed to take pictures (I got a little sneaky, though.) You guys will have to stick it out and wait until October 26 rolls around. I can't wait for everyone to see it. 



A few gowns that I tried on. 
Sister Bridesmaid 




1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go dress shopping all over again. I LOVED the experience and I'm kind of sad I found the one so fast at the first store because trying them on was fun.

    ReplyDelete

This blog wouldn't be near as meaningful if I didn't know a little about you. Comment below! I visit all of my commenter's pages.