The 601: Crazy Cat Bakers


I love quiche. 

Bacon quiche. Ham quiche. Cheese quiche. Broccoli quiche. Spinach quiche. 

...

You get the picture.. So when my mom told me where I could get the best quiche in town, I fully gave her my undivided attention.

In Highland Village lies a small mom-and-pop restaurant where this magical quiche is made. Although the bakery can seat no more than 16 people, the restaurant attracts even the unruliest of quiche lovers. 




The walls are adorned with shelves of ingredients needed to make the magical quiche. 


The countertops sport handmade treats such as chocolate espresso cake, butterscotch brownies and sweet potato cake with brown butter icing.




And they never forget to mention the quiche of the day.



Behind the counter are fresh batches of quiche laid out on a table in pie tins and tart pans. You can see the steam rise from its perfectly cooked crust. 

The wait staff are the kind of people who go out of their way to make you feel welcomed. When they overheard it was a customer's birthday, they didn't fail to put a glowing candle on top of a fudge brownie. 

My new favorite place.

But back to the quiche! Oh, the quiche. 






And the salad. I kid you not - the salad had the freshest, reddest strawberries and delectably toasted almonds glazed with a vinaigrette dressing.



When I ordered dessert, I told myself not to be disappointed because the salad and quiche had already exceeded my expectations. Besides, not everything can be exceptional right? 



Wrong. It was amazing. I.can't.even.deal.



Welcome home, Kaylyn. Welcome home.

If you're nowhere near Crazy Cat Bakers and want to bring the bakery to YOU, here is a quiche recipe by the famous Paula Deen. Can't be beat! Hope you enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog wouldn't be near as meaningful if I didn't know a little about you. Comment below! I visit all of my commenter's pages.